For those of us who have been buying too many books!
1. No purchasing books for yourself until all the books listed are gone. No purchasing books for other people with the intention of reading them after they are finished. Library or other borrowed books can’t be listed.
2. Any books won in a raffle or given to me as a gift will be added to this list.
3. Books to be reviewed for promo companies, other blogs, authors, etc. do not count and are not added to this list.
4. Start anytime and list as many or as few books as needed. Once all books are checked off from the list, the ban is lifted and the spending can begin again.
5. The ending date for each person can vary to a few weeks or months as long as it doesn’t exceed December 31, 2008. This ban can be lifted earlier if all books listed have been read or donated.
The books in my list are as follows:
|Split Second||Alex Kava|
|The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency||Alexander McCall Smith|
|Notes from a Small Island||Bill Bryson|
|Random Acts of Heroic Love||Danny Scheinmann|
|The Thirteenth Tale||Diane Setterfield|
|For Kicks||Dick Francis|
|Me & Emma||Elizabeth Flock|
|Fade Away||Harlan Coben|
|Jack & Jill (Alex Cross)||James Patterson|
|The Bad Mother’s Handbook||Kate Long|
|The Third Victim||Lisa Gardner|
|My Lover’s Lover||Maggie O’Farrell|
|Void Moon||Michael Connelly|
|The Sculptress||Minette Walters|
|How to Be Good||Nick Hornby|
|Want to Play?||P.J. Tracy|
|Notes from an Exhibition||Patrick Gale|
|Little Face||Sophie Hannah|
I feel that 20 books is a good starting point, especially as I will have books to review and library books to be reading as well. I will cross them off as I read them.
Wish me luck!